Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Our House is a very very very fine house...

with boxes in the yard, recycling is so haaard, when everything is iced up com-plete-ly!



Okay enough bad singing for Darkmirror, this is the outside of the house, hard to tell from this but it is wooden shingles as siding. This summer we HOPE to build a cute little cottage-y sunporch/mudroom between the big window and the little jog on the other side of the front door. We need to reshingle the roof sometime in the next two years and we'll match them to the bit of red brick, then paint the house a sage green and creamy ochre and Nature Girl wants a purple front door :-)


For Rebecca, this is as messy as Nature Girl's room gets these days - see the maple tickle trunk? She can throw all her dress ups in there AND change costume 3 times in a 10 minute period!


Her desk is always a mess of letters and stuff and I WILL figure out how she can keep this tidier, probably with wall mounted folders. In the closet is her organization rack thingie - shallow shoe box sized organizers on tilted shelves - GREAT for her - I can hand her a bin and tell her "ALL THE POLLYS" and as long as we start with the dress ups she can do it in just a few minutes without getting distracted. Oh and I forgot to mention the mesh tube thingie - if stuffed toys can't fit in there we have too many and we do a purge.
In Wild Thing and the Sprout's room the same kind of organizer, but it holds both their clothes - much easier for Wild Thing than digging in drawers. I keep diapers and drying covers in the mesh tube thingie. They each have a tickle trunk and for now we have things divided up so all the soft toys go in one, all the "Wild Thing's Personal Collection of loud hard clanging things" goes in the second. When Sprout needs a space of his own I have wooden initials to put on them.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh! thank you! I'll snap some pictures of my kids rooms and note them with the major issue, but I have definitely gotten some good ideas here. I like those mesh things, I've seen them around and they look like they would really help in our situation.

Anonymous said...

what I meant to say was I'll put my pictures on Flickr.

Anonymous said...

This isnt the house that you were going to buy...what happened?

Kerry said...

Oh Deb I thought you knew about that - she got cold feet about putting it up for sale, and decided to stay another couple of years. When she's ready she'll get in touch with us, but in the meantime we needed a place and renting made no sense so we bought IN Wolfville (the dream house is in Canning 10-15 minutes away) because prices here are climbing and we won't lose anything.