Thursday, April 10, 2008

Stuff I Need but have found for free...

Buying Nothing is good for meeting the neighbours. A lot of the ppl on my street have been here, well, forever. The houses were built in 1970, and many original owners are still here. They're all super nice profs at the university or retired profs, and do they have some nice gardens :-) Teachers tend to have nice gardens I find, they have time off in the spring/summer to do the work necessary.

I'm getting tomato seedlings from one neighbour and chives and oregano and thyme from another. Woohoo!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was with Debbie for the first nine days of Buy Nothing Month, so I did extra shopping. Can I do "Buy Nothing for the Rest of the Month" instead?

Kerry said...

Go for it! Click the link box on here and sign up - she's doing a sunday confessional too :-)

Anonymous said...

So, as long as I go to confession on Sunday, I can cheat all I want during the week?

Kerry said...

Yeah but imagine what penance might be...you might have to give away 5 pairs of shoes for every pair bought!

Anonymous said...

Did Suzy tell you about my Florida shoes?

Kerry said...

No, but you need a blog for them I think!!! :-)