Monday, March 2, 2009

Another SNOW DAY here

Which isn't really a snow day, it's an ice day and it is pretty bad out there - I haven't seen a single car on the street all morning.

This is just a jumble of "Oh I should blog about this" things that have passed through my head in the midst of being too busy to blog about anything.

With the basement leaking in the playroom - which was already an uncluttered little piece of paradise - I'm thinking MUST DECLUTTER and trying to imagine how little I could live with again. Then the dog pooped on a board game WE ACTUALLY PLAY WITH ALL THE TIME (Cooperative Games - Home Builders for anyone who is interested) that was on the floor because well, we have no other spot to play right now. I don't want to BUY anything else right now though. So what would you do? I told Nature Girl she had to put the game away last night, and then this happened. Would you replace the game?

I frequently get the decluttering urge with the stuffed animals (who really aren't out of control - they all fit happily in one treasure chest) and then the kids get every one out to be a pirate crew and fight over the orange tabby cat because he or she is the favorite. So there they all are and Nature Girl knows the story of every single one, and so does Papa Pan - they are SO ALIKE. So here's the story of the calico cat.

One day I went to empty out the dryer and it was FULL of stuffed animals! Apparently all the missing socks had been transformed. It's true!

.
.
.
.
.
.

and a warm thanks to the Lemons who decluttered before moving across the country to Victoria!

Anyhow, I'm frazzled...it's too icy to play outside and we can't get away from one another, and I'm mad at the dog...and I own too many things. I think a load of MY stuff being taken to the FREE Market is in order!

Oh yeah, the FREE Market is a much better deal for me than the FREECYCLE. It doesn't replace the freecycle by any means, but for all those little things that are more bother to post and negotiate collection than they are really worth it is great - especialy books. You know the book will go home with someone who wants IT when you leave it at the freemarket. Its just a table full of free stuff you browse and take home what you like, leave what you want. Awesome. I never bring home anything but Nature Girl usually finds stuff she wants - like hula hoops.

Oh and when I have a few more minutes I have my remedy for February to post - I spent the month redefining BLING with my camera.

Oh yeah and the freakiest thing I've ever seen - a tree holding a dead crow in it's branches like a ceremonial sacred death rite. The wind was trying to rip that bird from its final perch but the tree was holding on for dear death.

No comments: